What we do
Our self advocacy services supports individuals from the age of 16 to speak up for themselves, be more confident and aware of their rights. We encourage people to contribute to, and participate in, decisions that affect their lives and the community they live in.
How do we do this?
- Facilitate Speaking Up Groups, which enable people to have their voices heard.
- Carrying out Consultations by talking to people about the variety of services they may use and receive.
- Person Centred Planning and Advocacy.
- Membership of the North Somerset Learning Disability Partnership Board.
- Developing strong working relationships with other agencies, both locally and nationally.
- Provide employment, work experience and volunteering opportunities.
- Provide a range of accessible Training programmes for people with a learning disability.
- Offering a range of services and Training programmes for outside agencies.